Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Arken 9 of Seven Oddities

Here I am again with another one of the seven oddities. Today I'd like to introduce you to  Arken9. Now Arken is not your typical rapper, no, he's definitely above the norm. He rhymes about things most people either dismiss or would rather be blinded from in this tumultuous world.


                                               click here to listen to Starving Artist 
                     First Single off the "AMPHIBIOUS" Album dropping (01/07/2012)
                                     It's a song about saying, " fuck it...I gotta get mine. "
                                        Gotta buy the album for the mastered version.
                                  Beat by Awalk inda Park       Produced by DreamTek

                                                    
                                                      more music on soundcloud



                                 What inspired the name?

Arken is a play on words. Arcane is "knowledge only known by a select few" or "lost knowledge" and harken Means to listen... 3 is how many sides I personally feel all people have in them or 3 basic energies... Good(positive), Bad (negative) The in between (neutral )...and since I'm personally always struggling with my sides I'm always going against myself and it makes me a better person 3x3 is 9. 9 is the number of rebirth. growth. evolution.

                              Who are your influences and when did you
                                                  begin this artistic journey?

I started doing poetry/ spoken word in grammar school 6th grade. I am influenced by everyone, everything, my own experiences. however, Qwel, Mosdef, Immortal Technique, Tupac, Biggie, Bone Thugs, Do or Die, and Crucial Conflict influenced me the greatest.

                
                               What would you consider your style to be?

Hmmmm.... what would I consider my style to me....ummm... Warrior Scholar rap, I want people to think... I want people to have emotions when they understand what I'm truly saying.


                             What is the message behind YOUR music?


The message behind my music is to always ask questions. To question your surroundings, the struggle, the horrible state of disrepair the music industry is in as well as the horrible disrepair of "minority" culture.

                            What do you see going on in the hip hop industry today and
                     what would you do to change that or what would you like to see change?

I feel like hip-hop music is literally a commercial now... fuck commercial music it's just a commercial now. Selling shoes, cars, drink, and even an "idea" of what hip-hop is.... which it is the furthest from. I would like to hear more people saying shit that can actually change the world or get people to change....for the better that is. Like if people started leaking top secret government information in their raps....SO ILL!

                             How many projects do you have under your belt thus far?

Well I have a solo mix tape Called "Keep your coins, I want change" and A mix tape with Some brothers of mine I used to make music with C.H.I. CITY (The C.ool, The H.ustler & The Intellect) I was the intellect lol....I have a bunch of random singles floating around somewhere and I'm gonna drop The "FEED MY TAPEWORM" mix tape sometime in February most likely.Which is gonna be hot because There's gonna be like 20 different artists from Chicago on their rockin HOT SHIT!

                              Who have you or would you like to collaborate with?

I would like to collab with Qwel, Immortal Tech., EL-P, ILL BILL... that would be sick. 

                             Any credit or shout outs to anyone? and anything you'd like to add?


Shouts to The WHOLE 7 ODDZ CLAN!!! SHOUTS TO CSU CREW CHICAGO!!!! MUCH LOVE TO YOU (GinaGee) & THE SUPPORTERS THAT BOUGHT MY CD WHEN I WAS ON THE STREETS HUSTLING MY BOOTLEGS!!! HAHAHAH

SUPPORT WHEREVER AND WHENEVER YOU CAN!!! WORD TRAVELS!!!


For more info on Arken9 check out his fan page on facebook and follow @ARKEN9 on twitter..  Don't forget to check out the rest of the oddities at 7ODDZ.com, preview and download music as well as listen to their radio show, The Friday Fallout Shelter Show, every friday night @7p.m. CST


1 comment: